The Giffin Grip is a the only tool that both centers and holds pots on a potter's wheel for trimming. Three sliders move in simultaneously to gently corral and secure your pot on center.
Designed specifically for trimming, it works equally well for waxing the foot of a pot or banding with oxides. After a simple one-time adjustment, the Giffin Grip quickly snaps on and off your wheel.
The Giffin Grip fits most potter’s wheels on the market including: Shimpo, Brent, Speedball, Skutt, and many more. Any potter’s wheel with a removable splash pan, or sufficient side clearance to mount a 16” (42cm) diameter round plate on top can accommodate a Giffin Grip.
90 day international money-back guarantee: 10 years free replacement of parts that break or wear out under normal studio use.
- Centers your pots in seconds.
- Reliable, 3 point, spiral-based locking mechanism secures your pots on center.
- Will not stick to the rim of your pots like wet clay wads, or let your pot loose.
- Simply snaps on and off your wheel head.
- Comes with 5 sets of rods, to hold a wide variety of shapes and sizes.
- Fits any potter’s wheel with a removable splash pan or sufficient side clearance to mount a 16” (42cm) diameter plate.
- Designed to withstand years of continuous studio use.
1 Review Hide Reviews Show Reviews
If you have many pots to trim, this is what you need to have in your studio. I have loved my Giffin Grip since Bill Bracker gave me one for Christmas back in the 1970's.