The Skutt KM-1231PK 3 Phase kiln include the KilnMaster controller built in. Other standard features include:
- 2 year limited warranty, elements excluded
- Encapsulated Type K thermocouple
- Mercury Relays
- Industrial gauge wiring
- Compression connectors on feeder wires
- Larger, swing away, air cooled switch box
- Multi-sided design
- Stainless steel jacket
- Sectionalized construction
- Two lift handles on each section
- Sealed, dust-free lid with full-floating hinge
- Three types of exposed, pinned elements for optimum balance
- Reversible top and bottom slabs
- Stand included
- Peep plugs
- UL listing
Skutt Production Kiln series specifications
In 1953, father and son team Ralph and Neil Skutt, manufactured the industry's first multi-sided hobby kiln in Olympia, Washington under the name "Skutt & Sons."
The introduction of this new lightweight design revolutionized, not just the ceramic kiln business but the whole ceramic industry by bringing ceramics to the home.
A lot has changed over the last 50 + years. Kiln companies have come and gone, new clay bodies and glazes are constantly being developed that demand greater firing precision, and automatic controllers are quickly replacing the once cutting edge KilnSitter.
Throughout the years we at Skutt have worked hard to meet the changing needs of our customers, but one thing that has remained constant is our fierce dedication to manufacturing quality products and providing outstanding customer service.
We realize that every object placed in a Skutt kiln has value. It could be a child's horse that looks more like a dog or a master potters $20,000 commissioned sculpture. Both of these artists are counting on our kiln to do it's job ... and we don't want to let them down.
~ Skutt Ceramic Products