|Over a light colored clay||Over a dark colored clay|
Mixing 5 pounds - mix with 4.5 pounds of water. Sieve through an 80 mesh screen.
Mixing 25 pounds - mix with 22.5 pounds of water. Sieve through an 80 mesh screen.
Suggested Specific Gravity - 150-152
|GLOSS GLAZES: Numbered 100-599|
|These colorful, glossy glazes show the best result with a slow, gradual dip. They are not prone to flow or move.|
- If you are having problems with Opulence Glazes settling out between use, try adding MAGMA or ¼# to ½# bentonite per 5# to the dry glaze before mixing.
- Add Mason Stains to any Opulence Glaze to create a customized color palette.
- Overlap different Opulence Glazes to create interesting color and texture combinations.
- Intermix different Opulence Glazes for unique colors and effects.
- Opulence Glazes can go hotter than Cone 6 - try it on the inside of a piece fired to Cone 8 or 10 for a flowing, liquidy look.
- Sprinkle dry Mason Stains or oxides over wet Opulence Glaze.