PLEASE NOTE SPRING 2021 BRACKER’S IS NOW SELLING CLAY BY THE BOX, NOT BY THE POUND, PLEASE SELECT NUMBER OF 50# BOXES YOU WANT
- beginning weights in grams were recorded
- the lines and weights were measured & recorded when bone dry
- The samples were fired to Cone 04
- lines and weights were measured & recorded again
- The flat tiles were then soaked in hot water for 1 1/2 hours, then weighed again
- Math magic was then done to calculate the average shrinkage wet-dry and average shrinkage overall for both flat and thrown tests, and the average water absorption was calculated based on the flat bars.
- We also figured the "LOI" (Loss on Ignition) by computing the fired weight against the bone dry weight. This tells us what percent of organics burn off in the firing.
Flint Hills clays have been evaluated by a nationally certified toxicologist, and have been found to be in compliance with ASTM C-1023 and D-4236, and to not contain any material in sufficient quantity to be toxic or to constitute a chronic health hazard when used responsibly.