North Star extruders do not look like or work like any others. They are designed to be simple, safe and inexpensive. Both models feature a 4 inch square steel barrel tapered at the top for easy loading. Each comes with a long extension handle to give extra leverage for small extrusions or stiff clay.
The 4" extruder dies are made of 1/2" HDPE (High Density polyethylene). Which is extremely wear-resistant and completely non-contaminating. The top edge of the die cavity is beveled to compact the clay as it passes through, giving a crisp, more solid extrusion. In the hollow dies, there is a bevel on both the interior and exterior portions under each side of the bracket (which holds the center of the hollow dies) that helps the extrusion to "heal" after is has been cut apart by the bracket. This bracket fits into a slot machined into the top of the hollow die and is held in place by the barrel of the extruder. If a hollow die is mounted in place, the center part of the die is in exactly the right place and the wall thickness will automatically be even all the way around. In general, the walls of extrusions 3-1/2 inches OD or less are 1/4 inch thick, while larger pieces have 5/16 inch walls.
Includes Basic Die Set & Accessory Die Set
- Basic Die Set
- Blank Die
- 915B - Small Solid Coils 1/4", 5/16", 3/8", 7/16"
- 915C - Medium Solid Coils 1/2", 9/16", 5/8", 11/16"
- 915D - Shaped Coils 1/2" square, 5/8" Hex, 3/4" & 1" Ribbons
- Accessory Die Set
- 925A - Large Coils 3/4", 7/8", 1", 1 1/4"
- 925B - 2" Solid Ribbon
- 925C - 3" Solid Ribbon
- 925D - 1 1/2" Hollow Round
- 925E - 2 1/2" Hollow Round
- 925F - 1 1/2" Hollow Square
- 925G - 2 1/2" Hollow Square
- 925H - 1 1/2" Hollow Hexagon
- 925J - 2 1/2" Hollow Hexagon
- 925DM - Die Mask (Neoprene)
- 957 - Stainless Steel Brace